Joey Graceffa and Andrea Russett had to solve in order to get three keys to give to the Unquenchable Fire Guardian so they could get the Unquenchable Fire.The Path of Betrayal Riddles are three riddles that
Episode 6 - Endless Winter Night
Once on the Path of Betrayal, Joey and Andrea have to solve three riddles in order to get three keys to hand to the second guardian. They solve the three riddles together and take the keys to the guardian who gives them the Unquenchable Fire.
The First Key
- RUNS SMOOTHER THAN ANY RHYME
- LOVES TO FALL BUT CANNOT CLIMB
- ANSWER: WATER
The Second Key
- 30 WHITE HORSES ON A RED HILL
- FIRST THEY CHAMP
- THEN THEY STAMP
- THEN THEY STAND STILL
- ANSWER: TEETH
The Third Key
- YOU FEEL YOURS
- BUT NEVER SEE IT
- AND NEVER WILL
- ANSWER: HEART
Notes and Trivia
- It can be theorized that these riddles could be connected to four deaths on the show: Gabbie, Lauren, Jesse and DeStorm. However this is only a theory and hasn't been confirmed true.
- The first riddle's answer was water; DeStorm was shot and his body fell into the pool, which was full of water.
- The second riddle's answer was teeth; Lauren was devoured by vampires (who have fangs for teeth) and Jesse was bitten and poisoned by Jorogumo (bitten by her teeth). It could be counted that Liza was ripped apart by the Harpies (using their teeth) but her death was off-screen so the actual cause of her death is unknown.
- The third riddle's answer was heart; Gabbie's heart was ripped out by one of the Promethean Men.